Process Involved in Gum De-pigmentation
- A variety of techniques are used for removing the pigments from the gum. The most popular is the dental laser.
- A dental laser targets the darkened gum and ablates them. This process renders these cells not to produce melanin.
Post Care after Gum De-pigmentation
- You will experience some kind of discomfort after getting the laser treatment but that would subside in few days time.
- You should probably think of quitting smoking altogether if you want a healthy lifestyle. But if you cannot, you should abstain from smoking for at least a week after you get your laser treatment done.
- Otherwise, you can lead a normal life once you get the pigments removed from your gum. You eat and drink anything of your choice.