Dental implants are invasive procedures that are found to be very useful in replacing missing tooth. Little do we know that people who have underwent dental implants surgery in Chennai or anywhere in India have understood some important facts about Dental Implants. Here are the seven important facts about the dental implants and how beneficial they are.
- Dental Implants are Made of Strong Materials – Yes, the dental implants are made of a very strong material called Titanium. They are in fact super strong and they hardly break.
- Dental Implants Offers the Most Natural Look and Feel – True. The implants are surreal in appearance and they really mimic the natural tooth, both in terms of appearance and strength.
- Dental Implants Do Not Get Cavities – Very true. The dental implants hold an artificial tooth which does not get affected with dental decay. This does not mean you could go without brushing and flossing your teeth. Brushing and flossing has to be carried out regularly because, bacteria can still get under these implants and can affect the gum if not the implants. When the gums are affected, the implants can get affected.
- Dental Implants Aid in Better Chewing – Absolutely true. Since the dental implants are rooted inside the jaw bone, they offer stability and can help chew the food better.
- Dental Implants Help Arrest Recession of Jaw Bone – This is an important aspect. The below part of the Dental Implants serving as the root of the tooth placed deep inside the bone stimulates the bone. This stimulation is a trick that stops the bone recession and keeps it stronger. The process of jaw bone recession is actually slowed down or stopped after the dental implants are placed.
- Dental Implants Protect Adjacent Teeth – Yes, they are indeed a messiah to the adjacent tooth. If a gap was present due to a missing tooth, the adjacent teeth would have slowly leaned inside the gap and become unstable. Since the implants fill the gap like a natural teeth, they make the adjacent teeth really stable.